Wednesday, June 5, 2013

30 Things I Believe


1.       I believe the Bible is true, the Word of God revealed to us, and has all I need to know for living this life.

2.       I believe that God loved me before the world began and sent His Son, who is God, to die for me, which he did gladly, going to hell for me before I even knew Him. He then came back to life, defeating death, and returned to heaven, making a home for me.

3.       I believe that I was born with a sin nature, broken, and could/can only be fixed through the power of Christ’s blood and a personal relationship with Him. And while I am on earth, I will still always struggle and be in need of God’s grace.

4.       I believe that through salvation I have been given a new heart with true, pure desires—but must choose momently to not return to substitutes, but to walk in the communion and presence of the His Holy Spirit who was given to me as a seal of my family credentials.

5.       I believe that through Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection is the only way to heaven, and God is just and right in this. I don’t understand/know how this works, but those who do not choose Him will be separated from Him in hell.

6.       I believe that every person is invaluable because they are made by God, and life begins at conception. God loves everyone the same and doesn’t give up on any of them so neither can I. I will work to love each life as my own.

7.       I believe that each person was made for a reason and has a part in this life that only they can fulfill.

8.       I believe that every day is a gift from God and should be lived to the fullest for Him, living with eternity in mind, and not knowing if it will be your last.

9.       I believe that God knows me and has a plan for me, and that everything that happens is still under His control and will, in the end, be for my good and to bring Him glory.

10.   I believe that Satan is real and spiritual warfare happens and we are called to fight and be intercessors.  I also know that God is stronger and wins, so I don’t have to blow that out of proportion.

11.   I believe that being a Christian means I am not my own, I am a temple of the Holy Spirit, and that my goal is to be conformed into the image of Christ.

12.   I believe that when I confess my sins, I am forgiven and made clean and restored, as God sees not me, but the perfect blood of Christ that covers me.

13.   I believe that there is nothing I can do to get out of His hands (undo salvation). I am adopted and my name is written in the book of life. God is just and I will be punished if I disobey, but never disowned.

14.   I believe that it is vital to have a daily time with God, reading the Bible and praying and sharing. Without this I will wither away spiritually.

15.   I believe my clothes, words, music, entertainment, and activities must be pleasing to God and not make anyone else stumble—or it is sin.

16.   I believe God gave me a burden for Brazil (“Brazil is yours.”) and it has been His will for me every time I have gone there, and will always be a part of my life.

17.   I believe that Living Stones; working with local churches to expand their ministries to the poorest children in their communities is where my ministry heart is.

18.   I believe that God gave me the family and close friends that He did, and I will work to be there for them/serve them as much as I can.

19.   I believe that if/when I get married, my calling is to love and serve my husband and children. If I can say I did that well at the end of my life, then it has been a good life.

20.   First and foremost, my calling is to follow, serve, love, know, worship God, living life with Him whatever that looks like, wherever that is.

Ministry

21.   I believe God loves children, and the poor, in a special way, and I have a calling to work with them.

22.   I believe prevention, early intervention, and personal relationship are the only ways to end generational poverty.

And this is why I am working with impoverished children.

23.   I believe God chose to work through the local church and discipleship to change the world, and that takes being in community with the people you are serving

And this is why I am working with churches/Alcance.

24.   I believe the proper self-esteem to succeed in life is found through your identity in Christ

25.   I believe it is vital for children/people to know that God made them and has a plan for their life. That God sees them.

And this is why I do the $10 FOR THEM birthday parties

26.   I believe that reading and education open up a world of opportunities, and that every child should be given the opportunity to read God’s Word for themselves

And this is why we have the LITERACY FOR LIVING STONES program 

27.   I believe that basic physical needs (food, shelter) must be met before/while sharing about Jesus

And this is why we make sure the children are receiving basic nutrition/care through the $5 FOR 5 program

28.   I believe that life is better with Jesus—now and forever

And this is why I am giving my life to telling other about Him, currently through Living Stones.

29.   I believe that for every person who needs to receive in this world, there is someone who needs to give; just as much

30.   I believe that God loves these kids more than I do, and so somehow, He will provide for them

And this is why I unashamedly ASK. Ask you to be a part of Living Stones. Ask you to give of your time, money, and energy for these children. Because I know it will bless you, and it will bless them: and it will make a difference.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment