Thursday, June 6, 2013

30 Lessons I have Learned


1.       The best things in life are free, but the hardest to keep

2.       Anything can become normal if given enough time. I want to create an amazing normal

3.       Learning to let go is a lifestyle

4.       Nothing is sound. Everything changes except for God and I am not Him

5.       Life is better with Jesus. Now and later

6.       Innocent until proven guilty is a big deal, politically and in my own life

7.       Trust is a choice, and I will keep choosing it

8.       No matter how hard I try, life still gets filtered through my own perceptions

9.       The basis of life is tragic and broken and that how it will be until heaven

10.   Doubting something doesn’t make it not true. It is okay to ask questions

11.   The things that were the hardest to learn and do are the ones I value the most

12.   Abstinence is easier than moderation

13.   “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end” –my refrigerator magnet

14.   Rest is not an option, it is a necessity, so do it on purpose

15.   “Euthanasia” is one word, not three

16.   “They don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” –some sermon

17.   “Wherever you are, be all there” –unknown, but wasn’t me

18.   I don’t have time to care what everyone thinks, only those who really matter to me, so choose them wisely

19.   Hold on to the good ones

20.   “Only two things last forever—the Word of God and the souls of men—invest wisely” –some sermon, paraphrased by me

21.   I’ve got one life to live, I am going to do it dang well

22.   Don’t tell people how to live, tell them how they are alive (paraphrase of a comic)

23.   “Don’t let your struggle become your identity” someone on pinterest

24.   “We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.”

25.   When all else fails: take a shower or a nap

26.   Stop, look, listen: find the story in everyone and everything

27.   Alone doesn’t equal lonely, and lonely doesn’t equal something bad

28.   “Perfect love castes out fear.” –God

29.   Love is never wasted. It turns the average into the best

30.   The word not yet spoken, the lesson not yet learned…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment