Sunday, June 23, 2013

30 Favorite One-Liners

  1. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” –Dr.Seuss
  2. “If I can’t dance, then it’s not my revolution.” –Emma Goldman
  3. “All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know.” Ernest Hemingway
  4. "I don't want to die without any scars." — Chuck Palahniuk
  5. “So live real good, and get beat up real bad. Dance until they kill you, and then we’ll dance some more. That’s how this thing seems to work.” ---Shane Claiborne
  6. “Where someone…with a beautiful belief in answers is still asking questions.” –Tony Hoagland
  7. “Love is a harsh and dreadful thing to ask of us, but it is the only answer.” –Dorothy Day
  8. “There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.” –C.S. Lewis
  9. “We can be the generation that no longer accepts that an accident of latitude determines whether a child lives or dies.” –Bono
  10. “People say that what we are all seeking is a meaning for life. I think what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive.” –Joseph Campbell
  11. “Religion is responsibility or it is nothing at all” –Jacques Derrida
  12. “”What do you want?” It’s all I ever asked, and the only thing she never knew.” –Anna Winzeler
  13. “I did not ask for success. I asked for wonder.” A. Heschel
  14. “Wherever you are, be all there.”
  15. “Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Do not be afraid.”
  16. “Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise and so I am changing myself.”
  17. “Don’t let your struggle become your identity.”
  18. “I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”
  19. “Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I need it the most.” –Swedish proverb
  20. “Devote yourself to an idea. Go make it happen. Struggle on it. Overcome your fears. Don’t forget: this is your dream.”
  21. “You either like me or you don’t. It took me 20 something years of my life to learn to love myself. I don’t have that time to convince someone else.”
  22. “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” –Harry Winston
  23. “When I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” –Shakespeare
  24. “True religion confronts earth with heaven and brings eternity to bear upon time.” –Tozer
  25. “It is poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.” Mother Teresa
  26. “We become like the things we love. Love makes lovers equal.” –St. Francis
  27. “What could he say in a single word, a few words, that would sear all their faces and wake them up?”
  28. “So I’m gonna buy a gun and start a war, if you can tell me something worth fighting for.”
  29. “Not all who wander are lost.” –Tolkien
  30. “Don’t tell me how to live, tell me how I am alive” –Huge MacLeod
  31. “Quit picking fights and go make something” –Austin Kleon


No comments:

Post a Comment