Saturday, May 14, 2016

While She Naps...

My current "while Ana sleeps and Caid is gone" idea is ABC Missions board book/companion book.
A children's board book that explains missions through pictures of children in Brazil, one for each letter of the alphabet, with a companion book that elaborates each one. For example: "A is for Alexandria, who lives in an abandoned house (picture)." The companion book then goes on to explain about Alexandria and the realities of many street children. I have both books almost completely mapped out.
I have been researching how to make this a reality, and I think I have found it. I can print the board book (750 copies) for $2,040 (shipping an extra $536) at printninja
And I can print the companion book (750 copies) for $464 (shipping: $19) at moxicopy
checking out the prices of also doing just 500 copies of each, or 1000 copies of each, this is what I came up with:
500 of each book: total cost: $2400. Profit: $2600
750 of each book: total cost: $3,060. Profit: $4,440
1000 of each book: total cost: $3670. Profit: $6330

Problem: storing and selling 1000 board books and 1000 companion books (or 500, 750 of each). Especially while we were in Brazil. I would make sure the information was timeless, so we wouldn't have to sell it by a certain time...but still. Anyways, if someone is looking for something great to do with $2400, $3060 or $3700, I know what to do.
If I could get 5 churches to buy 100 of them for $500, I would be SET.
Problem: making the originals, so people can see the product before buying it: that would cost about $400. But I could do it for less than $100 if I did my board book example through pint sized productions instead of the print company print ninja that the rest would be made from. Anyone know of a $5000 grant for great children's books? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment