Sunday, June 26, 2016

June Sunday Funday

Caid and I watched "Risen" recently, (although distracted by Draco) and enjoyed it. But one part grabbed me. The Roman soldier chasing down the disciples catches up with them and asks something about why they are so clueless. Peter shrugs his shoulders and says, "We are just followers." It struck me as such a true moment. We (Christians) really are pretty clueless and  (I seem to be always) surprised when God shows up. But at the end of the day, my response is "We are just followers."

Simplicity. Returning there, over and over. Caid and I are in between semesters and enjoying a break from our routine. It is time to face up and figure out the other little things that seem to fall through the cracks during our regularly scheduled life. It is good, and hopefully relaxing sometime before things start back up!

1. Gun stuff. I have really stayed away from the conversation. I feel like I can only have so many arguments with people, and if I need to choose, I choose being pro-life and pro-love to refugees. So I am not going to argue, but I will leave this right here.
2. Me too: what to say instead of criticize.
3. Made water come out of my eyes too.
4. So Brazil is not...as much as this article, but I feel some of what she is saying--and it is different from America.
5. This is really powerful, and so simple. And definitely for myself and for parenting.
6. One of the most powerful and important messages I have read in a while.

I am spending time asking "why" for the things I do, and coming up with some interesting answers. Why do I do Sunday Funday? (Sunday Funday, to me is reading through various e-mails and blogs that I am subscribed to for spiritual enrichment, that I get throughout the week, and actually read on Sunday, and then, if I really connect to it in some way, pass on through a blog post.)
1. I am looking for spiritual encouragement. I think it is important, as a bilingual person, to receive spiritual encouragement through both my heart language, and my chosen ministry language.

2. I am looking for connection. When something touches me, it requires a response, and my response is to blog. We could go deeper into that...some other time. It blesses me to be able to share and put myself out there. This does not take the place of personal connection in the USA or Brazil, which also needs to take place for a true Sunday Funday.

So perhaps in the future I will find other ways to find spiritual encouragement and connection; but for now, here it is.
This happened yesterday--lil girl is ONE! More videos and blogs on that to come later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment