Monday, June 6, 2016

Stop Calling your Congressman and Start Making Relationships

In 2008 I almost became a single mother. I  had worked and volunteered at a youth center for over 6 years and had some amazing close relationships with some of the girls there. So when one, 15, got pregnant and thought her only option was an abortion- I was her alternative. 

I offered and begged to adopt her baby. And because she knew and trusted me (and knew I could give her baby a good home) she considered it. Her family, her culture: every other person around her told her she had to get an abortion. And in the end, they won. But I had a chance to open other options for her because of our long standing relationship. 
This article outlining a new study suggests that women will have abortions whether it is legal or not. And I believe most of them truly think they have no other option. And they will continue to think that until someone enters their lives and shows them another way. 
Yes, I vote pro-life. But I live pro-life first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment