Saturday, July 2, 2016

Ana is One Year

No one told me that nap times can become "I can't handle you awake anymore" times. No one told me that most of the time I would be a good mother; but most of the REST of the time I would be a good mother because I felt guilty about time where I just wanted to NOT be a mother for a bit.
Shout out to all of my friends who are single mothers: I have no idea how you do it.

But all that said, we've made it through the first year, and really--I like being a mom even more than I thought I would. She is an amazing person who learns and grows and creates and loves life at a rate I can barely keep up with. I really like living life with her and Caid. We are a good team. I love the fact that we are creating "normal" for her--what a cool job.

This week of vlogs was all about Ana, so those of you not baby-oriented, I apologize.
This is Caid's original song for Ana, with highlights of her first year.

 
Ana's birthday party.

 
Highlights from this past month, as Ana grows and changes.

Things about Ana Sofia Carol Ferguson:
Favorite Foods: Grapes, Cheese, Fruit Loops
Favorite Books: The ones I can eat
Favorite Words: Daddy
Favorite Song: The ones I can dance to
Favorite Toy: Violet (she says my name)
Favorite Things to Do: Dance, See new things, Color

I have 4 teeth, and while getting them, I have forgotten how to sleep through the night. I don't know how tall or heavy I am, because I am healthy and mom hasn't taken me to the doctor recently. I am a very happy and social kid, and love going to Living Stones with mom and dad. Everyone says I look like daddy, including the tooth gap. I am normally easily distracted away from things I shouldn't have or do, but recently figured out how to take off my diaper: mommy just bought a wooden spoon. I can run around, but like help with steps. Sometimes I will blow you kisses and wave, but don't count on it. Most everyone calls me "Aninha," which means "Little Ana" in Portuguese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment