Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Funday Brazil


We are back in Brazil and the last of our luggage caught up with us last night. I couldn't help but compare our return this year from last year...both years our friends made sure the dust and grime (that compile after a week, let alone a couple months!!) was gone, but this time we were coming home. We had already made it ours. This time was simply about adding and organizing a couple of things in each room, rather than making each room from (Pinterest) scratch. This time I have a baby getting into everything, rather than being pregnant. I had no idea how many wires we have. Baby proofing is my next adventure.


I also have an "insta-son," as my brother is living with us for 2 months. He has done a great job so far, washing dishes and helping with Ana, and in general, following Caid around everywhere. It does change dynamics to suddenly have a 16 year old living with you too (it means we order TWO chickens on Sunday).While we are finishing raising the funds for the car, Steve is generously letting us use his for a bit.
It was great to be in Cajueiro Claro this morning again! So different from some of the churches we spoke at in the USA
The best thing I have read about politics lately...and explains my attached detachment or whatever it is while being away from the USA...

Ana Sofia has done really well in all the transitions. She slept much more than mommy and daddy did on the plane! She enjoys running around in her diaper (especially while waiting for her suitcase to arrive), and loves climbing around on our bed (surrounded by two walls and our bodies). Her second tooth has popped out one of these days, and she is standing more (while not noticing). It means the world to me to know that this is her "normal."
Happy Palm Sunday! Easter week is coming up, and I am excited to find some ways to make it extra special and thought-full of Jesus!



No comments:

Post a Comment