Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday Funday

Isn't that beautiful? I got it from this article from Velvet Ashes. Happy Easter! He is Risen!!

My daughter will never be normal: What being a TCK is about
Short Term Mission Trips can be done really, really wrong. This is from a secular perspective of "voluntourism" but also has some "instead, try" tips. btw, STMTs can also be done really, really well.
Her blog is so pretty. And this has some really good tips for tidying
This is one cool momma:): you must really love your kids.
This has some really good points and this is a really needed discussion.
Looking at failure and "giving up" from a different perspective

So my team (awesome husband, great brother, and cute daughter and I) were able to share the Resurrection Eggs--having the kids tell the story, and small Easter egg hunts with kids in Guadalajara, Mussurepe, Trash Dump community (with Lindsay and Leo--thanks!!!), and Cajueiro Claro.
Funniest moment? When I lost the praying hands to represent the garden of Gethsemane and so I put in leaves instead. Unfortunately, the only leaves I could find were cilantro leaves from my fridge. The kids were SO confused with what cilantro had to do with Jesus.
Best moment? When an older, harder boy at the trash dump (too cool to sit with us, but still close enough to listen) blurted out an answer to the question before he could stop himself. 

You know what? It is pretty incredible to tell the Easter story to kids. They kept asking me questions about things I had no clue about--like what Jesus's new body looked like, and how it could have holes in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment