Friday, June 5, 2015

Nine Months Pregnant


(This is a couple of days early, since I feel good today, and who knows when this baby is coming)

For those of you who don't know, I have this human in my belly. And I have a theory. Just as in living in close quarters with my husband we share experiences and it doubles our joy/tears/laughter/love, the same is true of this lil girl creature. My theory goes on to say that the things that Ana Sofia likes--I now enjoy even more. From this, I have deduced that Ana Sofia's favorite things are:
1. Sitting down (I suddenly LOVE sitting down. All. The. Time)
2. French Fries
3. Hot showers (Our shower heater died and in those couple of days I became exceptionally grumpy. But Caid and a friend fixed it. Smiles back)

Last week (week 37 and 38, but who is counting) I gained three pounds. That is pretty exceptional since I've only gained around 20 pounds the whole pregnancy (9.5 kilos). My energy level is way down and my appetite is up. The car trunk is packed with tons of stuff, just in case. And the "going into the waiting game" phase is creeping up quickly.

Unexpected blip: in Brazil, you buy burp rags and then send them to your seamstress. I bought them and washed them instead. And all the ends came out everywhere. And I don't have a seamstress. So I've dusted off the needle and thread and am sewing up a lot of edges. Makes me feel nice and old fashioned.

Most everything else interesting about this last month has been documented in our vlogs (yea!!!), so here are you links: here is about being pregnant in general (it is funny:)) and being preggers in Brazil. Here was our awesome Brazilian baby shower (thanks ladies!). Here is the final vlog before baby comes--Ready to POP!

No comments:

Post a Comment