Thursday, June 11, 2015

Baby Girls need Flowers

Pastor Flavio's daughter, Heloise, always has bow/flowers/something cute in her hair.
And my amazing friend Becky makes, sells, and uses them:
Check out her stuff on Facebook at "Sweet Holy Baby"
So I got my Pinterest on and decided to give it a try: (For Ana Sofia, of course)
And this is how I did it:
My awesome friend Lindsay Turner gave me scrap pieces of cool material. I put them together as I wanted them (two kinds for each hair flower).
Then I cut them into squares--3 of one kind, 2 of another, each one smaller than the one before.
Then I cut them into either circles or 3/4 petal flowers (I had bad scissors, so it was easier to do that in two steps). All of this took me about an hour for 10 flowers. 
Then I took a candle (this was fun!) and slightly burnt all the edges (so I wouldn't have to sew them) so they would not fray (this took about 20 minutes for 10 flowers)
Find a clip and some kind of "middle button/bead" thing to add, and then sew it on (just sorta figure this out. It took me over an hour to finish up 10 flowers)
Whoohoo! Two and a half hours later...
Can you tell I am sorta kinda ready to have a baby? 












No comments:

Post a Comment