Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's day Caid!

My amazing husband who went from boy to man to father,
You have done this husband thing so well. I love you more now than I ever have before (and that is to be expected) but I respect you more now than I ever have before and that is surprising: because I know you more. Most of the time, day-to-day living wears that down. It reveals the cracks and says, “Yes, I am committed, but I don’t always have to like it.” You let your cracks lead us both to light, and I am better for it.
A good friend said to me after you played her a song, “You had told me he was good, but I didn’t know he was that good. You just seem to expect him to excel. I’ve never seen you believe in someone that much.”
You never had a father to show you how to be a husband, but you chose to learn and watch and do and give your all. God put people in your life to help fill the void you never fully realized you had. We’ve spent 10 months together as man and wife, and 9 months together as man and pregnant wife. Now we will spend the rest of our lives as mother and father.
You feel it strongly, as you watch the young girl pass by, “Will we let our daughter wear those shorts?” You feel it tenderly, as my belly bumps you, “Stop! I have to kiss her again.” You feel it achingly, as we read the racial headlines, “What are we bringing her into?”
You will be an amazing father. I know this because you want it, and you will not stop until you achieve it: that is who you are. You will kiss her cheeks too much, and throw her too high in the air, and have to leave the room so she won’t see your smile when you try to discipline her—but you will be an amazing father.
You will learn from those around you, and mostly from your heavenly Father—since your earthly father is not here to teach you. You won’t get everything right, but you will love her and you will let those cracks lead our family to the light.
Donald Miller says the number one thing that healthy families do is be honest about their failures: “however, it wasn’t just honesty about a family’s troubled narrative that fueled a child’s health. It was the true story about how the family both succeeds and fails and yet stays together regardless.” I am ready for this adventure with you, my love.
*
Caid has also been busy vlogging--here are links to his vlogs since the "Ready to Pop" and other ones I posted on here:
Thank you to all those invovled in the Trek!

While I stayed home and rested, Caid got to help at a trip to the botanical gardens:

and part 2:

Check out his amazing vlogging at "Five Minutes of Fergie" on youtube:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment