Monday, June 29, 2015

Ana Sofia is Born

“300,000 women will be giving birth with you today. Relax and breathe and do nothing else. Labor is hard work and you can do it.” ~Unknown

Ana Sofia was due June 17th. By Wednesday, June 24 (Sao Joao), I had contractions starting at 9am, but they didn't get serious until 6pm. By 9pm, we were at the hospital with the doula, and by midnight I was in the birthing pool. The doctor came in the early morning, once I was in active labor, and broke my water when I was 7cm dilated. By 11:30am, the baby and I were both ready to be done. Caid joined me in the birthing pool and over a series of 5 contractions (and agonizing waiting in between), Ana Sofia was born at 12:09pm, all natural.
Ana Sofia started eating right away, and everyone agreed that she looks and eats like her dad.
We rested and were checked on the rest of Thursday and Friday, and then both mom and baby were given a clean bill of health (Ana was 3250 kilos-7.17 pounds and 50cm-19 inches), and allowed to go home Friday evening. 
Thank you so much for your love, care, and prayers!
Birth vlog:



1 comment:

  1. Looks like Caid had the easy part! Haha

    ReplyDelete