We also have some dates for our trip to Illinois in February, and our return date--we are heading back to Brazil May 13. We have lots to fit in the next couple of months!
Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Meet me in the Middle: beautifully written (hand raised for a me too!)
2. Ferguson Money Stuff: if you like graphs and want to know about our financial issues in detail, here is that post! Otherwise, ignore it:).
3. Best of 2018 Stuff from Rachel: Best Blogs, Best Vlogs, Best Pictures
4. Goals for 2019: do you do this? I like to choose a year "word" and verse (well, verse yet to come), and normally just tweek my goals from the year before, adding a little to try to get out of my comfort zone. I would love to see your system!
5. Really Jerry Falwell? In my experience in missions, it has (almost) never been the rich who I've seen supply and reach out to needs--but rather those who are financially about one more rung up the ladder than me, or those they are helping. Countless times I have been moved to tears by the poor Brazilians who have sacrificially given to even poorer Brazilians and made a difference.
6. Fight, Flight, Freeze: such an important conversation I'd never really heard about before! YES!
7. I'm not breaking my kids: a good read
8. The Myth of Calling: a lot of really important points made here