Friday, November 2, 2018

What Doing Missions Means to Me Series


In a conversation, one friend remarked about a missionary who'd recently shared at church: "They just seemed to really be doing what missionaries should do...you know...orphans and widows and such."
A wise older woman replied, "You know what missionaries do? They live their lives. They do life and wash their underwear just like you do."
"Except it takes three times longer." I added. Everyone laughed and nodded.
This sums up what missions means to me. But when I unpack it more, I find I could go on without stopping. So I will just address seven things that missions means to me:

1. It means calling yourself a missionary
2. It means figuring out what a missionary is (and isn’t)
3. It means answering “Why am I am Missionary?”
4. It means refining what your mission is practically
5. It means sharing your mission
6. It means learning from others
7. It means learning from your mistakes

You can watch a summary of the series here:

1 comment: