Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wednesday Sunday Funday

We have two vlogs this week (kinda catching up from last week):
Our little lady is 11 months old! And last week we had a holiday (I guess it makes up for not having Thanksgiving celebrated in Brazil this week)

Caid and I (Rachel) were able to take some extra time (on the November 15th holiday) to pray and seek God's face for clarity in what He has planned for Caid. Caid has done an amazing job helping out at the Living Stones programs, teaching sports and music these four years: but he hasn't really found his nitch that fulfills his passions and spiritual gifting like I have with Living Stones. We are excited to see what God is revealing for the future, as He takes us deeper, and brings in amazing mentors and encouragement along the way. As we count down to heading back to the USA, these breakthroughs are such a blessing, and so needed. 

Reads from the Interwebs: 
1. Capable of Complexity: A much needed (encouraging to me) article about TCKs
2. My Friend: on intercultural friendships, that connected with me
3. The parable of the Caravan: finally, an article that I connect with on this issue!
4. Three reasons to shop ethically...and 4 reasons not to: as we move into Black Friday...
5. Process of Becoming: by Eugene Peterson's wife, as he recently passed away
7. The day my heart grew three sizes: the perfect holiday post
8. Domestic abuse and #metoo: I know that the movement has gone overboard in many aspects, and I desperately hope a healthy balance is gained and maintained, but I am also grateful for it, and will share #metoo stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment