Thursday, February 9, 2017

When you've known Someone for 20 Years...

Happy Birthday Karianne!
I can't seem to find a picture of us when we met 20 years ago. Back when I was using those disposable cameras and hoping against hope at least some of the pictures would be pretty.
I did find this one from when we were 17 and doing ChalkTalks (that equipment still takes up so much space in the basement). 
And this one when we were 18 and going to save/change/run/fix the world. 
Of course that time we wore dresses, made hats, and hugged trees. 
I was looking at the scrapbook pages and letters I saved (remember when we used to write handwritten letters?) 
Of trips to the U.P. and the letter where you told me you were gonna marry a French guy. Of my friends meeting you and your friends meeting me because we share really well. Your first home in Peoria with the brick road, and your now home with the high ceiling: it has been a great 20 years. 

our 2015 visit, documented

our 2016 visit, documented

Here we are, 2017, with our kids playing together, as it should be. 





No comments:

Post a Comment