Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Funday End of September

This happened today:
Caid sharing God's Word, in Portuguese. It was round table style today, and a blessing to all present (especially me).
I was very proud of the videos we put together this week, mostly about Ana Sofia, but I was especially excited about the video from our zoo trip. We are seeking to be more and more professional in all we do, but being professional can be painful and so time consuming! So seeing results is a blessing:). Here is that video:
And here were the Ana videos:


I was blessed with some good, deep discussions with friends and these thoughts about Josh Harris and screwing up the next generation. Time is ticking as we leave Brazil in a little over 2 months, and the list of things to do is longer than the days. But God knows, and certainly helps prioritize things! Here are some good reads from the "Interwebs"
1. Farewell to the Missionary Hero--and it has some of my internet favs listed in it! I think--and am excited to see what happens with--missionary vlogging and sharing about day to day things.
2. "If I had to name a regret in my life—it would be this: That I didn’t discover the breathtaking beauty of serving others sooner." Read more.
3. Because I trust her judgement and wanted some advice on some good podcasts and documentaries to check out!
4. "When I give someone the chance to meet my needs they either do, which helps me continue to invest into them but with a mutual connection, or they don't. If they don't understand or are not able to meet my desires then I have this opportunity to love sacrificially." More Karianne awesomeness
5. Watched a really great talk by Christine Caine about Deliverance vs. Freedom--you know, the Isrealites were delivered from slavery, but never got to the freedom of the promised land. I couldn't find her talk on YouTube, but if you have a chance to check her out, you should. And while she spoke, I kept thinking about the kids I have been working with since I was 16, and how many of them have not made it to freedom yet. But then I realized: even God only managed to get two Isrealites to the promised land. He brought in the next generation. I am excited to be working now with this next generation! 



No comments:

Post a Comment