Sunday, October 2, 2016

October Sunday Funday

This week I got super excited about the "Baby Abroad" idea that I had. I have been asked a lot, and I know others are interested in what all goes into having a baby somewhere else. And I wish I could have seen these videos before having Ana Sofia--they would have been so helpful!  So, hoping they are helpful to someone else:). Part 1:
Part 2: 

Part 3: 

It was a lovely week, and it is now October! Two months from today we will be in the USA! If you or someone you happen to know has (used) extra winter clothes for a girl size 12-18 months, we could sure use it: all of Ana's clothes are summer clothes. Also a car seat for the same age range. 
October 12 is Children's Day, but we have already started celebrating--and will continue every weekend this month! 
Reading around the Interwebs:
1. What I wish I could Hear from a Politician. So true! We received our absentee voting ballots...and I am still at a loss as to what to do. 
2. An interesting and perceptive look at black men in America and showing emotion
3. Almost All White Working-Class Evangelicals Think ‘Christian Values’ Are ‘Under Attack’. The thing is, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE! If we are living life right as a Christian, we are supposed to be going against the grain of the government of this world. If we are under attack, then why are we complaining about it instead of praising God that we might just now be starting to get something right?
4. Finally! A fun magazine-style survey for missionaries! 
5. Sacrifice is so tricky! I know I am supposed to be doing it...but how quickly do my motives shift just enough that it isn't for Christ anymore?
6. What big thoughts: "Shame dies when stories are told in safe places." and “Don’t you think the things people are most ashamed of are things they can’t help?”― C.S. Lewis
7. This sort of broke me. I have a lot more thinking to do about this: Who's writing this Story?




No comments:

Post a Comment