Sunday, September 4, 2016

September Sunday Funday

Finally have an authentic Brazilian rice and beans "recipe"!!
This vlog sorta made itself, after hearing more crazy excuses for why they were not in school:


Today, Caid shared his first sermon in Portuguese at Cajueiro Claro! It was an awesome, wonderful time! We hope you all, in the USA, have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. In Brazil, we will be celebrating Independence Day on September 7th. Unfortunately, it is on Wednesday, so no nice long weekend. 
Here are some awesome reads this week:
1. Entitlement is definitely not just an American issue to deal with
2. Bouncing Back after having a baby...I appreciate this perspective
3. The many more responsibilities of being pro-life
4. Hope Chases Us (I need to read this often) "Cynicism is the wide path of least resistance, and hope never seems to find me when I’m on that track. (hope finds me) when, by my all-too-human standards, I’m not really making much progress at all." 
5. Welcome to the tribe of nomads. We were just talking about this today, at an "International group thing" that doesn't have an official name yet. 
6. This is one of the "real-ist" things I have read in awhile: When it all blows up in your face. "Many missionaries would say that they would rather be persecuted or deported than have their ministry blow up." I would be in that group of missionaries. 



No comments:

Post a Comment