Sunday, September 18, 2016

Mid-September Sunday Funday

We are half-way through local Brazilian political campaigning. They vote October 2nd--and there is a lot of differences between Brazil and the USA when it comes to politics and voting:
Last week had some awesome experiences, and I am excited to share them with you as soon as I finished the videos (like going to the zoo) 

Here are some really great resources I found on the internet this week. Can I just say that I feel really blessed with the online communities I have found lately? It means a lot, being in missions, to talk about missions:). 
1. Resource to teach kids about missions. Actually, I think you should check out our vlogs first :), but this (FREE) course looks amazing as well!
2. My favorite read from earlier this week hit me hard. I am hoping for some time to sit down and really pray and think and figure out what this means practically for me. This other article about how we do missions is along the same lines. 
3. This one is for my bilingual friends--how it seems "me" is a little different in Portuguese from who I am in English. 
4. I am really, really excited about Craig Greenfield. You know when you find someone who is writing just what you wanted to say? Here is a (long) pdf about the role of an Outsider. And here is a website of a work they are doing--which is something I need to study more about because it is the heart of what I want for Living Stones. 
5. Keeping up with American news and Colin Kaepernick
6. One of my online communities, Velvet Ashes, had some awesome resources about sex this week. SO GLAD THEY WENT THERE! I love and need healthy conversations about sex. yep. I looked up a bunch of these resources, but will only highlight two about same sex attraction--so important and needed! Seven things I wish my pastor new about my homosexuality, and a website





No comments:

Post a Comment