Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow

So there is more snow. And all my Brazilian friends are posting pictures of them at the beach. And sometimes I get grumpy about this. Often I get grumpy about this. We were stuck at a friend's house last night, because that snow was not fun. And they were fantastic--we had a lovely time. And we got to be lazy with a reasonable excuse (snow) today.
I feel like this. Trudging through. And there are a million little ways God shows me love and grace and everything good. And one of those ways was www.aholyexperience.com--a site that continuously blesses me. So this picture? This guy? I stole it from a story from that site (so see the whole story there). Because this man makes art.
In the cold, in the wind, in the elements which will soon wipe away his work--he makes something beautiful. And that hits me way down deep. I want to make art. I want to create beauty. Just not outside in the cold.
"Our gifts are not from God to us, but from God through us to the world." --Janice Elsheimer


No comments:

Post a Comment