Monday, February 17, 2014

I Love Spring

I am in love with Spring.
Or perhaps I am just in love with the idea of Spring.
Maybe I only long for Spring because it has been a year since I have seen it.
Maybe only because I am sick of Winter and chapped lips and wind blowing through my heart.
Have I divorced Spring from it's essence, picking and choosing characteristics that I desire, that I want--is it all about me?

Do love Spring only for what it does for me? What it rescues me from? What it brings me to?
Do I even truly know Spring?
How can I love Spring if I don't know Spring and I don't know love?
If love is what makes me happy, what brings a smile to my face, what makes my day better--yeah, I love Spring.

Spring will never take it personally, but maybe I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment