Monday, July 22, 2013

How Decorating Describes my Soul

1. I like a clock in every room. I like to be scheduled and organized, on time to be considerate of others. I want to know the time to know I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.

2. The part of the house that bothers me if it is dirty is the floor. I like having my shoes off, feeling the ground (or socks when it is cold), a free spirit with the hippy flavor left over from my parents.

3. I value convenience over beauty. I saw the power of beauty when I was young and have been shy of welding that power and the responsibility it holds. I'd rather be comfortable and invisible.

4. Home made things with memories are my favorite. Only two things are forever: the Word of God and the souls of men, so things connected to relationships have priority in my house. The connection is what gives value.

5. Simple is easier, less is more. In general, I prefer to be lazy, and the less that ties me down/claims my free time the freer I feel--the less there is to worry about.

6. Can't go wrong with classic. I haven't spent as much time developing my style as I have developing my relationships and ministry. I fall back on basic simple and classic looks.

7. I decorate in creative spurts. I am a better copier than creator, but really, creativity is just tweaking someone else's idea until it becomes a something new, which I love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment