Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Sunday Funday August

Our weekly vlog:

It was a really great week until Thursday, when Sofia and I got a bit sick--but we pulled through, and are both back to normal. Caid officially signed the papers: we are investing in a beautiful piece of land in Carpina. It is good to put down roots (a bit), and while we don't know if God will lead us to build a home on that land, or sell it to buy an already made home, it is good to move forward in that direction for our family. We enjoy having people over to our home (especially Taco Tuesday), and love having Pastor Assuerio and his family for dinner. They are heading back to Africa in two weeks (they were home for a three month home assignment), and we will so miss having them as neighbors! English class at the trash dump community and Cajueiro Claro were so great this week. Frank is visiting, and took this wonderful picture at Cajueiro:

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. If I could tell you three things: "Time is so much shorter than you think. You are so much richer than you think.You don’t have to find your calling."
2. When Life Knocks you Down Again: "God said it again, “You know where you fall. You know where to fall. You always land in the same place. On me.” “Wait. Falling is bad though. Falling is what weak people do. Falling means not trusting enough or learning enough or growing enough, right? It might mean I’m holding onto hurt or sin or unforgiveness.” We always make falling out to bad."
3. Josh Harris made the Right Decision: another way of looking at things with the two high profile Christians I've seen lately officially "Leaving the Faith." I think a lot of these feelings and questions a lot of people my generation are going through right now, and how the church has and is responding is a very important issue to discuss.

NOTE: It is my birthday next week, and I am getting an upgraded website as my present: one with a blog included in it...so things, eventually, as I get it together, will look a little different:).

No comments:

Post a Comment