Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Last July Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog:
and also:

Last Monday was especially eventful, as we had a ribbon party (see video above) for a family we know, and that evening, Caid had his first official choir practice at our home. He has been giving voice lessons and working with different groups on music, but it has long been his dream to build an eclectic choir where they could train and learn and grow and perform for God's glory--but then also each one share all that with their own churches and ministries. 
In middle school, a choir teacher saw potential in Caid and started investing in him, and it was one of the things that helped an ADHD unfocused kid have an (energy) outlet, a joy, and now, a ministry. It is amazing to see what God is doing! 

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Refusing Silence in the threat of History Repeating Itself: "Why are we safely living in America, free to pursue our dreams and interests while 70 million people were born into countries that they have had to flee? God’s Sovereignty. We don’t get to choose where we are born, we only get to choose what we will do with what we’ve been given."
2. Here, Hold my Bag: " I thought if I just dug around long enough, my life and look would fall into place. Put together. Something that could hold all of me."
3. Expat, with a Drill: "Tools are just one example of things that would be considered gratuitous  luxuries in my new world and base essentials in my old.I have three friends here who own a car.  Three.  That’s it. Where I come from it’s nothing for ONE person to own three cars but unthinkable to have none."
4. An Epidemic of Disbelief: A long secular read, but important. I had no idea. 
5. Why wait until Marriage, what I wished I'd known: Ann Voskamp's reflections on how she had the right general idea, but the wrong motivations and ways to explain it. Really beautiful. 
6. How to fall in Love with Normal again: Love this perspective of coming back to where you are serving as a missionary, which is, weirdly, where NORMAL is for you as a missionary. 

And as every week--I recommend listening to The Holy Post Podcast, which the last couple of episodes had me "amen"ing loudly to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment