Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Sunday Funday April

Our weekly vlog:

Caid asked when we had free to get together with some friends and I scrolled through our calendar and said "April 29th. That's the last free night." It's down to that, my friends. Each week is filled with wonderful times, and during morning devotions I ask for grace to be able to enjoy and focus on each thing, without getting overwhelmed with all the other things around it. Many times I do, and sometimes I don't. Still working on it! Some highlights were Thursday morning prayer meeting at WRI and the encouragement we were given, and on Sunday Caid preached and I shared about Brazil and it was beauty and joy for our hearts. You can watch it yourself on a link I posted on Facebook!

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. One read that will change how you think about Immigration: “The child of immigrant parents is supposed to perch on a hyphen, taking only the dose of America he needs to advance in America.”
2. How setting a minimum viable day proved I'm not actually failing all the time: “I can do four things a day.” I said out loud to myself. “I can look after the kids, cook, clean the house, and homeschool. If anything else is added to my day one of those four things will not happen.”
3. Twenty Easter foods around the world: I enjoy things like this! It has Brazil eating Pasoca, which we do, but in my area we eat it all the time, not special for Easter. 
4. A letter to the grandparents of my third culture kid: This article had me sobbing in the bathroom--too close to home and change and all that--my word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment