Tuesday, April 9, 2019

April Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog:

We had another lovely week, with one of the most perfect Saturdays ever--Spring in full bloom! I always forget how impressive season changes are (in Brazil it is hot, hot, hot, and rainy for our four seasons). I am suddenly too hot in my coat and boots and have to figure out how to dress for Spring, and then realize I don't have any spring clothes. I ask my husband what the weather is going to be, because it actually matters for what I wear (I live in flip flops in Brazil: they work for sun and rain). Sofia keeps asking if we are done wearing coats now, and keep answering "I don't know Honey." She loves that she has snow boots, rain boots, play shoes, dress shoes, and sandals (again, mostly just sandals in Brazil), and she looks out the window to see what shoes she gets to wear that day.
We got to go cabin camping with my family for the weekend, and it was pretty amazing! (Video coming soon!)

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. How the Rapids showed me Beauty    “Will you still follow me?”
            “Well, yes,” I answered.
            “What if she never walks? Plays soccer? Gets married?”
            A teardrop swelled at the base of my eye.
            “What if I take her home today?”
            Boom! The weight of my fears laid out before me, would I still follow?
            Slowly I answered, “Yes, but please be patient with me.”
2. Lament on the First day of Spring:  "Racial reconciliation isn’t something anyone in the church should be able to choose to be apathetic to. And yet, there are many who believe they don’t have to engage because they aren’t feeling it and weren’t born facing it. It’s a flat-out privilege for anyone to say they aren’t feeling itand it’s not their thing."
4. Yes, I'm Judging you: :"Humans are hard-wired to make judgments. We can say that we are open-minded and accepting and not bigoted until we're blue in the face, but when someone comes along who tries to justify raping a child or stealing our car or owning slaves, we suddenly become very judgmental indeed."
6. Poets around the World printable packet: because apparently April is poetry month!

No comments:

Post a Comment