Monday, February 26, 2018

February Sunday Funday

One daughter is sleeping, and the other one is putting boogers on my shoulder. I am finishing Sunday Funday on Monday, and the electricity went out. Life goes on, and here is our weekly vlog:
I started teaching at the International school last week, and met with the girls at Guadalajara to finish some exciting plans for Living Stones. Caid was on his way to Cajueiro Claro, when he got rained out (A LOT OF RAIN), but this week all three Living Stones programs are back on track. Caid got to be a big part of PPC's inaugural worship service (they changed locations) and is starting music classes there, as he really feels God's leading to start more worship training/ministries. Ana Sofia loved school, and has a current obsession with giving everyone check-ups like Doc McStuffins. Jessica is our little Squishy, and has been really chill in each new change. 


Reads from the Interwebs:
3. The truth about missions is that it is that its a long, hard slog:  The truth is, life is hard. Even if you have money, even if you live in a developed country...you can't run away from death or sin. It hits us all, even the ones who are trying to live for ourselves, even the ones running away from Jesus. I always knew Christianity wouldn't make my life easier, in fact, I was pretty sure it would make it harder. I've even said things like, "The Christian life is so hard--I must be doing something right!" Truth is, most of the hard stuff I face is more of life stuff we all deal with than "Suffering for Jesus." 
4. Two questions every Christian must ask themselves: LOVE THIS! One of my favorites: "We rise by lifting others"
5. The Somaliland Marathon: I have enjoyed reading as this blogger trained and ran this marathon. I did a mini-marathon, and think that is definitely my limit!
6. Proof that the fight against inequality starts with moms: So exciting!! Makes me super excited about all the work that my friend/co-worker is doing with pregnant mothers (and myself)! Can't wait to see how God wants to grow this ministry! 
7. The problem with my kids bookshelves: (I thought she was going to say that they were too small)
8. Taking the Hypocrisy out of Home Assignments: LOVE AND NEEDED THIS! A must-read for everyone involved in missions and ministry. So raw and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment