Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ending August Sunday Funday

(And I had a birthday!)

I didn't want to do a Sunday Funday, since I was putting together a post about the Olympics, but there were too many good things to share to not do one.
1. I want to do something like this sometime!
2. Hands down, best article about the whole Ryan Lochte mess I have seen yet!
3. THIS: what does a missionary look like? I would love to interview so many people and put together a video about this sometime! Perhaps while in the states?
4. I am just EXCITED that they are going to make THE SILVER CHAIR.
5. Wow. This hit hard, and I want to read the book. I can only imagine what I would have done at 20...
6. Most of the time I read missionary stories and think "I could never do all of that." Sometimes I read them and think "Should they have done that?" like in this article. Reading this made me appreciate my husband, again and again.
7. I want to read this book too! And it is my prayer that every single person who ever comes to Brazil on a Short Term Missions Trip would understand this.
8. I really, really like Craig Greenfield and what he has to say. As I read this I was reminded of our (much smaller) issue of having a baby with the issue of Zika. I am still struggling with taking the "easy" way of going back to the states. #realtalk
9. I am going to have to pace myself on reading once I get back to the states--here is adding to my list of must reads!
Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes and messages and hugs and so many ways you reached out to me to make me feel special. It worked. I am 34 now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment