Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Funday July

I am learning how to drive. At 33, it is taking all of my cumulative skills to 1. drive a manual (stinkin extra peddle) and 2. drive a manual in Brazil. I only practice on Sunday afternoons, when the streets are pretty clear as everyone is eating/resting/hanging out with family, and only for short amounts of time. I work hard to keep my life as stress-free as possible, but this is HARD. Caid assures me it gets easier and less stressful. Sigh.

But I did find many wonderful things to read today for Sunday Funday, and to share with you:
After getting my computer fixed last week (but loosing ALL my music and videos), we are back at it ("it" being making weekly videos). Above is the update for Living Stones, and below is the update for us Fergies:


Awesome stuff from other people:
1. I love the title--and the article was good too: How you spend can be just as important as how you give. It is so easy to be lazy spenders, even if we work hard to give well. 
2. Reminding me of my heart: from my friend Brittney
3. I can't (and shouldn't) let go of recent big events that churn my heart--another reminder of the importance of dealing with rape culture and "20 Minutes of Action"
4. Already thinking of going "home" (have you watched our above video and heard the news?)
5. I am a rich mom too. 
6. I understand media bias. And most everything I hear from the USA I am careful to filter through and realize we are far away and it is easy to screw with information and all that...but Trump? America...what???? I appreciated this mother's take on it. 
7. THIS IS REALLY COOL. I think I have loved Geography since my mother bought a world map shower curtain for our bathroom. And since I started traveling the world when I was 16 and realized it was big. Mom--you gotta see it:). 

We had awesome VBS's at all three Living Stones programs the past three weeks--and a video is coming soon, as well as an e-newsletter. If you are not getting our Fergie e-newsletters or our Living Stones e-newsletters--they are really simple, beautiful, and keep you up on how to pray--sign up for them at the bottom of our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment