Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Sunday Funday March

Our weekly vlog:

I think as much as "normal" and "routine" are during a home assignment, we have gotten into the swing of things. Little things like regular nap times (my dad is magical at putting Jessica to sleep) , date times, and food schedules are important, and we (especially Jessica) appreciate it. But then again, I am watching my "to get done before we leave" list grow as our time gets shorter, and that is a bit stressful. But this week we celebrated my nephew's 9th birthday, and the birth of Serenity, my best friend's daughter. Caid had a great opportunity to help out with a basketball clinic, and connect with some cool new people, and I got to share at our women's brunch, and get more ESL experience.

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Spiritual Growth books by Enneagram type: YES!! Very excited about this;)
2. Is Missionary Work Colonialism? Such a good and important question, and I love how the writer tackles it. I also enjoy the point of the current Colonialism being popular culture through TV and the Internet. I will never forget walking up to the home of one of the Living Stones kids homes (made of mud and sticks) and seeing "Icarly" on their reasonably nice TV. The kids don't have much--but they see, every day, what the rest of the world considers "normal." I also loved the Biblical examples of "Relocators." By the way, have I ever told you about my theory about single mothers being today's widows from the New Testament church?
3. What "Leaving Neverland" reveals about abuse systems: an important read
4. Revisiting Mary and Martha
5. Four ways to make your home abroad cozy and tidy: I love these kinda articles, especially as I get ready to move in Brazil!
6. Toxic truth about Modern Food: an interesting read, as I see how much harder it is to say NO to all kinds of snacks all the time while here in the USA, while I find it much easier in Brazil.
7.  A Quiet Exodus: we need to be reading and talking about this

No comments:

Post a Comment