Monday, August 6, 2018

Caught up Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog was about moving:
And I also made a quick update video about our friends at PPC and the awesome work they are doing at the trash dump community:

Finally, I put together our make-your-own tapioca adventures from when Shelbyville was here:

Caid was in Sao Paulo last week for a biblical counseling seminar, and Jessica promptly got sick for most of the week. By Friday I took her to the doctor because she'd had a fever for a couple days, and it turns out she had an ear and throat infection. By that time, most of it had run its course, so we just made sure to stay low-key for the weekend. 

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. When relaxing seems elusive: So it turns out that it is really, really hard for Caid to relax in the heat. And we live 7 degrees from the equator. And it turns out that it is really, really hard for me to relax when Caid is not relaxed. We we have been working, A LOT, this past year on ways to intentionally relax. It is hard work.
2. Beating the drum for missionary care: My aunt and uncle gave me this book (twice, I think), and I have given it a good read, but need to dig it out again when I get back to the states...
3. The story of McDonald's Monopoly: WOW! I had no clue! A super interesting real life crazy story. When is the movie coming out?
4. Devastating secrets of Living Abroad: Hard-hitting article. I get half-way through some of these and think "What am I doing being a missionary?" And then (on the balanced articles) I keep reading and am reminded that we are not called to a comfortable life: and no ones life is easy: NO ONE. 

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing reading,just as usual, rachel! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete