Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Birthday Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog:
This Sunday Funday (August 26) I turned 36, so that was fun:). Last week we celebrated Jessie's 8 month-a-versary and had some friends arrive from the USA to help us celebrate 25 years of World Renewal Brazil. There was an amazing conference, and lovely fellowship as we looked back at all God has (and will) done/do. Birthday and conference videos to come! Thank you to everyone who took time to wish me a happy birthday--it was definitely happy with these munchkins:).

 Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Advice I am taking from myself: Just buy the peanut butter:)
2. The midlife Unraveling: Brene Brown fans rejoice
3. If you ever hurt my daughter...
4. Pesky Propositions: the English teacher me loves this!
5. Can we talk about the anti-drug traffiking industry? In my guess-timation, I would say that 80% of the incredible, over the top, goosebump stories that you hear from NGOs are either very rare occurrences, a little embellished, or not the whole story. Ministry and helping people in general is slow, hard, and un-glamorous (most of my day is doing the dishes, cleaning, and organizing/planning). Thank God for the beautiful miracle moments--but we need to be careful with our stories--and definitely not exaggerate them for money. Beware the superhero ministry


No comments:

Post a Comment