Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Last April Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog has our little lady trying bananas:

I also posted three more English learning videos (sight words), but I doubt you will find them interesting. It was a pretty normal week, and we were watching our new favorite Netflix show "Somebody Feed Phil," when I saw what I want to do when I retire. The first episode is in Thailand, and apparently, they have these amazing sundays served in cut open young coconuts! So sorta like this:

Anyway, I have already dreamed about opening a dessert place called "Coco-Mix." All I have to do is find an easy way to cut open the coconuts (like a Samurai sword). I just join up the local coconut seller, the ice cream seller, and the fruit salad seller. We could even do vegan options of ice cream made with coconut milk! Perhaps I've been watching too many food documentaries. 

Don't forget to sign up for the BEST TREK EVER! May 1st is the deadline if you want a free shirt (because I am going to order them), but otherwise, just mark your calendar for May 19th to run/walk a 4k, meet Tele and a bunch of other special amazing people, and then stay for a picnic at Southeastway park. 
Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Short video on grief: "You don't get over grief, you just learn how to have it as part of your life." 
2. The stories we tell ourselves about Africa
3. The mistake I made with my grieving friend: Conversational narcissism. Yikes I struggle with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment