Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sunday Funday in October

Check out our weekly vlog:
Here is also the amazing video (Jeff Turner's creative footage!) from Lagoa de Itaenga's Children's Day:

Soon I will have the video from the Trash Dump Children's day (run by our friends at PPC), and later this week, keep an eye out for our official e-mail update on Children's Day (If you are not signed up for our e-newsletter--please sign up at the bottom of the page on BuildingLivingStones.org

Friday was the first day I had to call off teaching because of pregnancy pains/uncomfortableness/exhaustion. I am hoping to make it through October to week 36 before becoming a hermit. Life is just genuinely harder and I am quickly losing any desire to leave the house. That said, I really enjoyed all my Sunday Funday reading today, and teared up at least twice as I read the encouraging things from others. 

Reads from the Interwebs: 
1. Stewardship: where less is more: This explained and connected with me very deeply, and I think is a very good explanation of a lot of what it is to be a missionary. 
2. Pregnancy on the field: This is about a book, but it just confirmed to me the deep need us women feel to connect when pregnant--especially when away from family and familiar. My first pregnancy was mostly spent in the USA: this one has been mostly abroad, and it has just meant more than I can say to have a group of women meeting monthly about pregnancy (Thanks Lindsay!!)
3. The secret about your behavior: An important aspect about addiction that we can't forget. 
4. Do Good: yes, says my heart! 
5. 6.5 Myths about Expat life: another good explanation about missionary life! 
6. I blame the Women: tears, tears, tears. YES! Moving from survival to thrival (whatever). As I got up to pee AGAIN, I wept for all these women who got to continue being mothers! 
7. Should Debt disqualify a missionary? whew, loaded question! As someone who has always said YES, I enjoyed this unresolved read and honesty. 

If you are in Indy--this is where we wish we could be this Thursday: You Are Invited! You are Coming? WORLD RENEWAL 2017 CELEBRATION. This Thursday October 26th 6:30-7:30pm. Brandywine Community Church Chapel 1551 New Road, Greenfield, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment