Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunday Funday September

Our weekly vlog:

This week Ana had a fever (but it was a 24 hour thing), and a big fall (landing on her teeth, but they are all still intact) and those were our big adventures. As I am third-trimestering (yes, that is a word now), we are taking things slow and steady and I still have to rest/ race to the bathroom in between everything. But life is good and we are grateful. Today, Caid did an amazing job leading the worship and preaching at church, as Pastor Flavio was at a conference: it is incredible to be available and be used by God (often at the last minute). 

Reads from the Interwebs: 
1. What I am learning from in sickness and in health: I remember when Caid had knee surgery our first year of marriage...how it shaped us. 
2. 13 Things I want American Christians to know about the stuff they give poor kids: So this was posted on Facebook this week, and I read through the comments to see that there was a disgruntled American (who worked with Samaritan's purse or something) that felt offended by it. I think that was exactly WHY this missionary needed to write this article. My friend and co-worker replied to this disgruntled gentleman in a kind way, and I added my two cents as well (don't you love/hate the Internet?). It is definitely something to think about. 
Today, I was talking with Mercia, Pastor Flavio's wife, about how it would be nice to have toys to give at next week's Children's day party, but we just don't have the funds. The conclusion was that sometimes surprises (from Brazilian's and American's both) and presents happen, and sometimes they don't: but they aren't the reason we celebrate. And yes, presents are nice, but it is good we don't always have them, because it makes sure that it ISN'T the focus. Come on guys: let's get more creative than just toys! And please don't think that giving a present = sharing Jesus. Jesus is so much bigger than that. 

Have a wonderful week, and then WELCOME October!!!! WHAT?!


No comments:

Post a Comment