Sunday, September 17, 2017

September Sunday Funday

Our weekly vlog:
It has been a lovely "recover from vacation" week, as coming back from vacation always is. Ana Sofia had gotten the habit of waking up at 5:30am while at the beach, but luckily, she is back to waking up at 6:30am again (how many years until they want to sleep in?). 
We are getting ready for mid-terms at the International school, and getting ready for Children's day celebrations at Living Stones. It is a wonderful time of planning and ideas and coming together. As my belly grows, I work away at trying to plan everything that needs to be done until February, as who knows what will actually get accomplished from November-January. It promises to be our most laid back and chill Christmas yet :). 

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. The Joy of a Curious Heart: I think this is truly one of the secrets that makes or breaks a lot of our interns! 
2. Should we send "ordinary Christians" as missionaries? Such a good article, and so much more I want to study into! I started a mental note of requirements I think missionaries should have before serving (and at different levels too--for example, serving as a short term missionary should still have triaing! But less training than an intern coming for 3-6 months, who needs less training than a full-time missionary...) What are your thoughts? Anyone want to join me down this rabbit hole?
3. Opening Your heart (in Memory of Drew): speaking of interns...our hearts are hurting.
4. Rohingya Refugees: this is just one random article about the crisis going on right now. I know we are all just full from the overload of the hurricanes and rain and fires all over the USA, but this is something we need to stop and pray about and be talking about. I see these children and my heart hurts and I grab for my own little girl, who I would do anything for, and I know these parents are thinking the same thing. 

God bless, and have a wonderful week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment