Sunday, May 11, 2014

Six Months Married

I still roll over in the middle of the night, put my head on his chest, and wonder,“Who is he?” 
I still look up and see him looking at me and think, “What is us?” 
I don’t know if that ever will go away. I hope it doesn’t.
Growth and discovery should never end.
When do you ever truly know a soul?

Our patience wears thin quickly with his knee sprain. Our major accomplishment this month has been getting through all this knee stuff. We have found that I am a good nurse for short periods. Unfortunately, this is a long period. All the questions: What does this mean for us? What expenses? How do we get through this? Day-by-day, without yelling when I have to run to get another ice pack from the freezer. When he can’t get into a comfortable position. When we have to cancel some more plans.

And enjoy the moments. Pausing more to just lay there together. Stopping to talk and share and re-evaluate. Caid asked me how he could live this intentionally when NOT in an emergency crisis. I don’t know. But good to learn. And learning how to be grateful for the opportunity. 
And an amazing interlude to knee issues in California: California, part 1 and California, part 2, and then came back to find out Caid needed surgery. The actual surgery was on our 6 month anniversary, hence this post is late. 
The surgery went well--he had to have a partial meniscectomy, and was a cute goofy out of anesthesia, but it went well. Day two was the painful one, coming off the medication, but it seems to be balancing out now. We will see the doctor in two weeks, and he may be able to drive/return to work soon after that. The scary part is, recovery is different for each person, and so it is unknown if Caid will regain full use/ability in his knee. But he has everything he needs to heal well and quickly. 
I was able to run the Mini, and my friend went in Caid's place, with Caid waiting at the end--making it a wonderful experience and a check off my bucket list. I am also so thrilled to be learning and stepping outside my comfort zone with Caid at Supercamp
(Celebrating 6 months in Disneyland)

We feel more settled. We knew we could make it through anything, and now we are walking through those "anythings," the "sickness" in "sickness and health." And it is still filled with sweet moments. Amid the insurance scare and Caid not being able to work, with the generosity of so many we love (I am still writing thank you notes from our March weddings), we have been able to pay off over half of our student loans. Amazing! 
We are also looking ahead and seeing what God is preparing us for in the future. Check our out vision video, and pass it on: 



No comments:

Post a Comment