Friday, August 30, 2013

31

Caid has been in Brazil for a week now. So much has happened as I twist the ring on my finger. I haven't worn a ring in years. I kept forgetting which was the wedding ring finger and then getting asked when the big day was. Now people can ask. Because I know the day.

I wish I could go back to myself a couple of years ago and reassure myself that I WOULDN'T miss it. Two months before Caid and I started dating, my dad took me out for dinner. Frustrated, I asked him for guy advice. "You will just know" was all he said. I wanted to strangle him. Of all the things in my life, that was the one thing I NEVER knew. And now I laugh. Because I just know.

And that is so nice. I didn't miss it--"it" being the right one for me.
After 95% of our relationship being long distance, we are learning how to live side by side. It includes more funny faces, misunderstandings and talking-throughs, and food than I thought. I am finally understanding an active man's metabolism. I stand in awe. My "alone time" has been cut into minuscule pieces, and my desire to do anything besides cuddle on the couch is shockingly low. I've become one of those girls. And I don't mind a bit.
If this is what 31 looks like, I am doing just fine:)


No comments:

Post a Comment