Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Ten Years as a Single Missionary

Ten years as a single missionary
Living off $350 a month
Public transportation anywhere and everywhere
60-70 hour work weeks
I loved my life

Met a man
First time I saw him I called a friend
Said there is this great guy- but just too young for me
Second time I saw him I gave him my number
We were married two years later

He came to Brazil to propose
He spoke Spanish not Portuguese
He loved Jesus and kids and music and sports and multi cultures
And I loved him
But he was not called to Brazil
So after the wedding we returned to the USA

I remember crying, a week before my wedding
This was my goodbye to my kids, my life, my ten years as a single missionary
All wrapped up in walking down the aisle and giving myself to someone else
We don't know the turns our paths will make

When God brings you back
It doesn't look the same
He always adds new colors and rhythm and rhymes

You learn something in the letting go
In the realizing that you don't control the times 
He always adds new colors and rhythm and rhymes

No comments:

Post a Comment