Tuesday, January 9, 2018

New Year of Sunday Fundays

Catching up on life a bit late, here is our year in review vlog:
and our Christmas vlog:

Disclaimer: It is called "Sunday Funday" because throughout the week I save up all the interesting things I find on the Internet, and read them on Sunday. I then comment on them, add our weekly vlog, and a little bit about us...eventually. Lately, that second part has been on Tuesday. Hope that my different posting times are not throwing you off:). 

As we enjoy our HOT summer vacation time (mostly in the house because: newborn baby) getting used to our new life (because: newborn baby) with two kids and not sleeping so much (because: newborn baby), I am putting together some reviews of last year, and goals for this year:

It means a lot to me to be able to continue doing all the random things I call "paperwork," and I am so grateful to my awesome husband who does more than his fair share of things so I can curl up with my computer. 

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. The Proverbs 32 Man: haha! LOVE it:)
2. Maybe this is your New Years Resolution: Sarah Bessey is my newest blog subscribe, and I really appreciate her! It took being pregnant/giving birth for me to really value my body, and be kind to it. "Kind" like really attempt to shower at least daily because I am being burped, peed, and pooped on all the time. She points out the difference between self-care (important! DO it!) and self-comfort (slippery slope into lazy mopey land), which is so important. Three weeks after giving birth, I am back to my pre-birth weight: but my body looks completely different. My muscles are all flab. My flab is wiggly-er. And I feel like I have a long way to go, because my goal isn't the scale, it is to be healthy and strong and able to thrive through the day, not survive until naptime. But I regress...
3. Ask a counselor: annual self-care check-up: yes self-care! Yes counselor! Need to ask question for everyone, not just missionaries. 
4. When your missionary stories aren't sexy: OMG so true! 98% of my life! You just get to hear the 2% over and over I guess!
5. My one word for 2018: I love this idea, and I do it...eventually. Currently, I have a blank spot for my word this year. It hasn't come yet. Last year the word was "Intentional." 


1 comment:

  1. These interwebs readings are the most amazing moments of learning! :D Thank you for all the great texts you post here, rachel! They really help me a lot!

    ReplyDelete