Monday, December 4, 2017

Advent Sunday Funday

Here is our weekly vlog:
This next week I am working on a video about our Christmas preparations--much different than in the USA! I'll have to do two parts--preparation, and then later, the food, since we haven't figured out that part yet:). This time last year we were back in the USA, with this happening:

I am currently too pregnant to deal with missing family, friends, and our holiday traditions, but there is plenty of time for that. This Thursday is 40 weeks, and my belly is already MUCH bigger than it was with Ana Sofia. Our week was pretty uneventful, as the only thing written on our calendar is HAVE THIS BABY!

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Do you need a year of awesome in 2018? Yes! Being pregnant all year has been incredibly draining on all of us. Can't believe we are talking about 2018 already!
2. Missions means choosing the desert: I love being a missionary, and consider it a PRIVILEGE and honor. But this is also true. 
3. Culture books for kids: SOMEDAY I want these! They look amazing! As the daughter of a homeschool mom with more books than anything else in her house, these make me very happy--best list I have seen yet!

ADVENT/CHRISTMAS IDEAS from the Interwebs: 
(our Christmas tree this year)
I love Advent and Lent: preparing for my two favorite holidays! I think the build-up is just as important as the day-of. Pinterest, of course, has lots of great ideas, and I love, love, love all the resources from Ann Voskamp: "The Greatest Gift" and the new pop-up advent calendar (Listed in the links below)
1. What Advent Really Is: "Advent is a whole lot more than waiting for Christmas, Advent is a whole lot more than preparing for Christmas —- Advent is ultimately about preparing the way for the Light of Christ in a world dying for light." This also has ideas/printables for the "Night before Advent" kit (hey, start late, who cares?)
2. Coloring Advent: they also have coloring Lent! Sorry, these are not free. These are on my "someday" present list. 
3. Resources for Advent: by Sarah Bessey (She did this better than I did:))
4. Best Christmas movies to watch on Netflix: I believe all the "Santa Clause" movies are also going to there this year, but not Elf or Muppet's Christmas Carol, which are my two favs. 
5. Surviving Christmas Overseas: This is some of the stuff we are thinking about this year. 
6. A Feminist Advent: yes:)! I love me the Magnificat! (now you have to read it, to see what kinda cat that is!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment