Monday, November 13, 2017

Sunday Funday on Monday

Here is our weekly vlog:
I am at that weird pregnancy stage where I have lots of time, and time goes really slowly, but I never seem to actually get anything done because my whole purpose is to try to be comfortable (or at least, not super uncomfortable). This was a hard week for all three of us Fergies as Ana Sofia had a high fever most of the week. When we took her to the doctor on Friday, the virus had basically run its course, but she's still had some fever in the evenings. 
My friend told me that pregnancy (and newborn baby stage) is when moms get to try to learn how to be nice to people while not getting their needed quota of health and sleep. This is a hard lesson for me. Turns out, I can only handle being pregnant or a sick child. Most of the week, either Ana Sofia or Jessica kept me up all night, and Caid had to stay home and be mommy for the day while I tried to catch up (or just not kill anyone). Oh, lovely last month of pregnancy! 

Caid and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on November 9th, and had a lovely lunch with a slightly feverish little girl who was so happy to get out of the house:). November 9th was also the day to mark being pregnant nine months! We are getting there!

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. How to stop violence: A very interesting read as I noted the president's response to a foreign-born terrorist attack (more vetting right away) versus a white man (mental issues and too soon to talk about guns). Anger is a much bigger deal than we want to admit--because we all have to deal with it. 
2. Where there is a doctor, but you don't trust him: I don't have crazy stories like she does, but when Caid had to go to the same hospital where our friend had just died from inadequate care, I did get a little jumpy. When I thought we might need to take Ana there for her fever, I procrastinated. It is just...different here. 
3. No child soldiers, no child sacrifice: this is a very important issue that every missionary must realize is an issue, and constantly re-evaluate. If the mission field becomes unhealthy for one of the members of our family, no matter how young, then something needs to be done. 
4. For they shall be comforted: I loved how she brought out how in grief we connect with God so clearly--and this is what makes Christianity different from all other religions (okay, there is other stuff too, but this is the nitty gritty thing that we all find out sometime or another). Oswald Chambers said, "At the back of the wall of the world stands God with His arms outstretched, and every man driven there is driven into the arms of God." So often it takes us getting to the end of our rope to finally find Him. 

1 comment: