Sunday, November 19, 2017

November Sunday Funday

For our weekly vlog, we share a tragedy of some of our kids here in Brazil:
Please pray for these precious children, and if you would like to help support them in this transition, please let us know (amobrasil99@hotmail.com).

I am another week pregnant (37 weeks), and I had my last pre-natal check-up. The doctor said if there was anything else to just head to the hospital. The baby is a good size, and in the right position. Unfortunately, I am GBS positive (one in four women are), and so was given antibiotic to take now (which is a pain), and I will have to be on an IV every four hours during labor with antibiotics (For those of you who don't want to google GBS, it is nothing dangerous for me, just like I am blood type A-, it just means it can be dangerous for baby, and so precautions need to be taken). This doesn't change any of our plans, but it is one more thing to remember and keep in prayers.
Caid was able to help lead an arts conference this weekend, teaching music and really doing his heart's work. Ana Sofia is better from her fever/infection/runny nose, and sleeping so much better, which helps all of us! We are grateful. While Brazil doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, most all the stores are doing some kind of "Black Friday" or "Black Week" sale. Oh, the lovely things that Capitalism gives to the world.

Reads from the Interwebs: 
1. The single missionary: what the church should know: I wish I'd had this article ten years ago! Super true and important.
2. Responsible, Ethical Storytelling: This is so important, and comes up all the time as I run the blogs and do vlogs--and even just this week--it is so hard to know how to share things that need to be shared, but can be so easily misunderstood (like our weekly vlog this week. Especially sad stories are hard to tell).
3. The myth of Conversion: I still remember the complete blank on my face when speaking at a church and someone came up to me and asked, "So, how many people have you saved?"
4. Pinterest: a Tool for Missionaries: haha, this author is crazy:)

Have a wonderful holiday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment