Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday Funday July

We spent a lot of this week organizing and unpacking the week before, which was quite an adventure:
And some food adventures:

And thinking about how the year is more than half over:

We had time to think and enjoy each other (in our small family, and with our team/coworkers here in Brazil), and I had a lovely time with other pregnant women (and share some of my story). We are so blessed with the new (to us--less than 28,000 kilometers) car--and the added blessing? It is semi-automatic! Like, enough of an automatic to make me feel alright about driving in Brazil! (Many of you do not know of my struggles to learn to drive a manual. Let's just say it isn't pretty).
Next week we have meetings and preparations for the last summer missions trip (coming in next Sunday! please pray for their traveling mercies!) and for the fall semester. We appreciate your prayers for wisdom and grace in all the plans/actualities.

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. Thoughts on entry, reentry, and TCK: Every time I read things about third culture kids (TCK) I feel semi-guilty about creating one without asking her opinion. And then I feel a rush of worries about all the issues she will face. And then I take a deep breath and remember that growing up is easy for NO ONE. And EVERYONE has issues. And life is just hard, even if you aren't a TCK.
2. Let's bring motherhood down a notch: I am looking forward to 40. Especially if it is more chill-lax than 30.
3. What a dollar gets you around the world: I find these things so interesting! BTW, minimum wage in Brazil is less than $300 dollars a month. BTW, no way I ever made near to average American salary ever!
4. Strong in the Broken: an amazing testimony


No comments:

Post a Comment