Sunday, July 9, 2017

Rainy Sunday Funday

I hope everyone enjoyed some time off and holiday food and fireworks and all: we will be celebrating Independence day here in September. This week was full of fun, amazing times, and rain as the Short Term Mission Trip from Shelbyville was here! Because of our very full week, last week I made extra videos, and next week will have lots of fun ones as well (to catch up). This week, I am posting our Living Stones mid-year update (the Fergie update to come soon!):

The Shelbyville group is on their way home (only a couple mud slides and scares), and we are snuggled up (it has gotten into the low 70s here!) inside from the rain and extra mosquitoes (many of whom have managed to bite Ana Sofia especially). 

Reads from the Interwebs:
1. The shock of being (almost) normal: well-written fresh perspective of the first bits of home assignment
2. Married for More: love the question "What couples inspire you?" I remember being totally shocked as I flipped through the Bible itself and realized there were fewer couples in the Bible that inspired me than in real life...
3. When Missionaries think they know everything: (really, it could be changed to "when anyone thinks they know everything")
4. Ideas for celebrating the 4th of July (when not in the USA)
5. Birth: I am so excited about this! I loved "Kisses from Katie" and have been following Katie (blog wise) ever since. And now there is a new book!!! I know what I want for my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment