Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Funday February

Sunday Funday was church today, as my lil lady is sick (when is it bad enough to go to the doctor?) and I am falling quickly behind. But it has been a busy, wonderful week, and we are thankful.
Finally got these done! 
I also finally wrote the blog about Zika (and having it myself while pregnant).
Next week Caid will be taking this awesome counseling classes--so please keep his health in your prayers, as well as the hour drive each way each day.
I think this (not "one upping") is one of the secrets to re-entry and cross cultural transitions. Can't be learned enough. 
My friend Karianne and I got into an interesting conversation about single vs. married missionaries--and which is the "better investment" when choosing to support a missionary. THIS letter is amazing. 
My feminism comes out with posts like this. What it is like to be woman other places. 

I can't believe Lent is starting this week!!! All my friends and kiddos in Brazil are at church camp or Carnaval celebrations or substitutes...and my good intentions for doing something interesting and insightful for Lent and gone out the window. My two favorite preparation times, Lent and Advent, seem to always fall on the times my family is in transition and traveling. This makes being intentional about 10x harder (and I say to myself, Ana won't remember anything for a other couple years anyways) for family traditions. Anyway...here is something simple enough I think I can handle: reading the Psalms of Ascent during Lent. Join me? God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment