Sunday, December 13, 2015

Knocks on the Door

We haven't been to the trash dump community as much as I wanted this year. I haven't (Caid has) been to the actual trash dump at all. First of all, I was pregnant for awhile, and didn't even want to go across the street. All of the walking was daunting. Then Ana was born--and you can't take a baby with no immune system to a dirty place like that. When she was big enough, we took her to the relocated trash dump community (still a dirty place, but definitely a step up). But I didn't get to see the kids like I used to. 

One day on our way home, two of the kids from the dump saw us and followed us home (literally). Once they learned that we live (almost) on their way between them and their school, pop-up visits became almost daily Now I love these little girls. And working with these kids is my LIFE. But...when the doorbell rings and Ana is just about asleep...when I hear a knock and I am not dressed yet, or just about to jump in the shower...it isn't easy. 

They are two sweet, darling little ladies, but they run around my little apartment and ask for everything "Tia, can I have this mango? I want that picture on the wall of you! What are you doing with all that change (we keep our loose change on the table)? Ana has so many bows--I don't have any!" And they don't want to leave. Ever. After finally insisting that Ana did have to go to sleep, and rustling them out the door (rustling is the perfect word), Clara turns to me with her big eyes and says, "But I want to live here." 
What do you do with all of that? You love. You break. You hurt and then you do it all over again. And sometimes you groan when you hear the knock on the door. But this is the life I want to live. This is the life I want for my family. I was reading this and saw this:
YES. Let's change this. 


More Sunday Funday stuff:
1. I find it easy (pretty much) to ignore Trump. But not this. Here is an article about it from Shane Claiborne...I really don't know where I stand on guns and war--at least not from a knock-down-study-all-Bible-passages-and-wrestle-with-it thing. Looks like I need to do that soon. 
2. This is my cousin (or something like that? we are related). Seems like EVERY. SINGLE. MISSIONARY I know (including myself) has some kind of breakdown in some kinda store when returning to the USA. Mine was Kroger. Trying to decide what kind of soy sauce to buy. 
3.I am really liking this lady. She also wrote the first link. 

Pray for us! We leave on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment