Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Five Months Old

The biggest thing I have realized this month is that Ana Sofia wants to be invited into my life. She doesn't want me to create a life around her, she wants me to do all my stuff...with her actively involved. 
So at meal times, Ana gets a spoon. or a cracker. or her fruit-mushy thing she can suck fruit out of. 
So when I cook, she gets a little taste on her tongue, or gets to touch all the ingredients. 
So when I am working on my laptop, she gets to read (eat) her book in my lap. 
So when we go to Living Stones, she gets to play with all the kids too. 
I am absolutely sure that when she is in her baby carrier, facing outward, she believes it is her walking around and doing everything. At the grocery store, she reached out and held on to the cart handle, like she was pushing it along as we walked. When it started raining, she held on the umbrella with me, with a face of "Of course I am helping."
This reminded me of God and I, and Revelations 3:20, about inviting Jesus in. But the more I know Him, the more I realize I don't just want Him in my life, I want to be invited into His life. 
We have dived into preparing to return to the USA and Christmas (suitcases and presents are taking over the apartment), and Ana has begun to find her voice. Literally. All possible notes and sounds--and her favorite--screeches, fill the air. I feel sorry already for the people who will share the 10 hour plane ride with us. Please pray for our little lady, as everything (climate, home, stuff, clothes, food, people) she  knows will change. As I kiss her perpetually-non-clothes wearing belly, I wonder what she will think of snow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment